1. Physical Map of Japan with Cities and Roads, also labeled the different island that comprise Japan and the surrounding bodies of water. Red color indicates high elevation and green indicates lower elevation.
2. Map of Japan’s Administrative zones/Prefectures. Prefectures are numbered to correspond to the key and prefecture capitals are labeled as well as the nation’s capital of Tokyo. The 4 different main island are labeled as well as its smaller islands such as the Ryukyuan islands and the Ogasawara-shotan islands.
3. Elevation map of Japan. Green colors indicate low elevation closer to sea level while red colors indicate higher elevation up to 1000 meters above sea level.
1. Earthquake and Tsunami Map. Red circles indicate seismic activity. Larger circles indicate larger Earthquakes/Tsunamis
2. Climate Map of Japan (Light Pink=Humid Cold Season with no dry season. Dark Green= Humid Temperate with no dry season)
3. Map of the Average Yearly Precipitation in Japan. Key corresponds with the colors on the map to indicate average yearly precipitation.
1. Map of Population Density based on Prefecture per square km. Darker colors indicate higher population density. Note high density around Tokyo area. Also note the average population density is 337.574 per Km2.
2. Map of GDP per capita in each prefecture. Blue and purple areas indicate higher GDP the high end being $51,000 per capita. Red color indicates lower GDP the low end being $20,000 per capita. Note high GDP in Central Japan and lower GDP in the hinterland.
3. Map showing land utilization and types of crops grown/fishing ports
1. Road Map of Japan with Airports and seaports. Size of yellow squares corresponds to the size of the city.
2. Map featuring the routes of Japan’s bullet trains. Also features planned or underconstruction routes.
3. Road map of Japan with cities labeled and elevation colored, Red indicating higher elevation and green indicating lower elevation. Note Russian territory labeled as USSR making this map somewhat dated.
1. Large map of Tokyo featuring Gardens, Parks, landmarks, hotels, shrines, etc.
2. City Map of Kyoto showing parks, temples, and roads.
3. City Map of Osaka showing popular attractions in the city.
1. Tokyo Subway map. Different lines are colored and labeled as well as the Station number. Airports and Cities within Tokyo are also labeled.
2. Kyoto Subway Map. Two different lines running through Kyoto (a lot less than Tokyo!). Lines and stations are labeled and colored.
3. Osaka Subway map. Different lines are colored and labeled as well as the Station number. Airports and private railways are also labeled with thin blue lines.
1. Todai-ji Temple in Nara, with the different point of interest as well as restrooms.
2. East Gardens of the Imperial Palace in Tokyo. Shows the different stations surrounding it and ticket gates to enter.
3. Map of Himeji Castle in Himeji. Towers, gates, and moats labeled.
Submitted by [Ryan Clarke] on [2/28/19].